Your House Could Be the #1 Item on a Homebuyer’s Wish List During the Holidays
Every year, homeowners considering a move must choose whether to sell their home during the holidays or wait. Others who have already listed their homes may consider removing them from the market and relisting them in the new year.
The truth is that many buyers want to buy a home for the holidays, and your home could be exactly what they're looking for. Here are five compelling reasons why you should sell your home right away.
1. While the number of available homes for sale has increased this year, there are still not enough to meet buyer demand. According to Nadia Evangelou, Senior Economist & Director of Forecasting at the National Association of Realtors (NAR),
“There’s still this gap between demand and supply because we were underbuilding for many years. . . . So now we see demand is slowing, but it still outpaces supply.”
2. Serious homebuyers are currently on the market. Today, millennials are driving homebuying demand, and many of them are eager to make a purchase. First American's Chief Economist, Mark Fleming, explains:
“While not the frenzy of 2021, the largest living generation, the Millennials, will continue to age into their prime home-buying years, creating a demographic tailwind for the housing market.”
3. The desire to own a home does not diminish over the holidays. Many buyers are drawn to homes that have been decorated for the holidays. Furthermore, buyers who look for homes during the holidays are eager to buy.
4. You can limit showings in your home to days and times that work best for you. This can assist you in minimizing disruptions, which is especially important during this time of year.
5. Rents have risen dramatically in recent years. Furthermore, many buyers are looking to avoid falling into the rental trap for another year by escaping rising rents. According to a Zillow article:
“Over the next 12 months, rents are expected to grow more than inflation, the stock market and home values.”
Your house could be their ticket out of renting for good.
There are still numerous reasons to list your home during the holiday season. Contact a local real estate professional to see if selling now is the best option for you.
For more listings, click the link below:
Contact us at: